I love fashion.
I don’t necessarily understand fashion – as evidenced by what I wear (especially true when I’m at home) – but I love how inspirational it is.
My Mom loved dressing me up as a child. Every birthday I would get a special birthday outfit with matching socks, shoes and sometimes even a new hairband. My favorite was my princess dress I wore to kindergarten on my birthday, a soft-pink crumpled effect off-shoulder dress with pale green puffy sleeves and a matching skirt.
As the years passed I made many fashion mistakes, like that off-white windbreaker I wore in middle school which I thought passed for a street looking bomber. It, unsurprisingly, did not. Or when I wore a red half sleeved Hawaiian shirt all through 9th and 10th grade.
Now as I’m older I’ve kinda settled into this whole 50s/hipster/no-style style that I’m quite comfortable with and find that I still LOVE fashion.
I love it when people dress deliberately and have a point of view.
I love that dressing up can make you feel good, even if everything else is going wrong around you.
I LOVE fashion and these are the blogs that I’m currently crushing on – at least fashion wise – and I want to share:
Viva Luxury – Fashion and Accessories
1. Annabelle Fleur – An LA based Canadian who is so pretty that it will make your heart ache
2. Her dressing is impeccable and as the blog title suggest exudes luxury
3. Her collaboration with DVF has resulted in my favorite posts from her here and here.
wishwishwish – Fashion and Lifestyle
1. Carrie Harwood – Size UK 14 (which if you know fashion blogs, you know that’s rare) Londoner
2. Whimsical, structured and very, VERY British style
3. Beautifully photographed outfits shots along with some sponsored trips to beautiful eateries/events in London and even picturesque European destinations like Helsinki and Paris
4. It’s the kind of the blog you wish you were writing!
Girl Meets Glam – Fashion and Beauty
1. Julia Engel – A San Francisco stylista who rocks both amazing outfits and very polished make-up
2. Her pictures look like movie stills – DRAMAAAA
3. The post layouts are a lot like magazine fashion pages with outfits, make-up and perfume featured on the side
4. The feel is very professional and very aspirational