When I read food blogs I feel the way little kids do when they meet a cool grown-up.
I want my blog to be just like this blog when it grows up!
Thing is, I read a lot of food blogs so I have a feeling my blog is a little confused about its future.
Some blogs standout because of their witty writing, some with the best recipes I’ve ever made, some with stunning photography and the rare few with all of the above.
And the personality of each blog? Wildly different.
Still, since my blog is in its infancy it may be wise to draw inspiration from all these varied wildly talented people.
SO I give you the best food blogs on the Internet (according to me).
The Sugar Hit – All-Rounder
1) Lip-smacking in your face photos with none of that overdone faded effect (both pictures in this post are from The Sugar Hit)
2) Funny and very relatable. Bonus: the recipes aren’t overly descriptive (aka the blog assumes you have some common sense).
3) Flavor combos that have you slack-jawed and drooling at the screen – like chocolate and raspberry muffins and apple fritters and salted caramel.
4) I can’t comment on the recipes because I’ve never made one! (SORRY SARAH – FYI Sarah is the author and we’re totes best friends now because she replied to my email, ok?) Shall I start with the Salted Caramel & Macadamia Pull-Apart Bread???
Joy the Baker – Famous
1) There’s a reason why this blog is famous. The recipes are something special. The Cranberry Orange & Pecan Coffee Cake? Best cake I’ve made in my life to date.
2) Bewarned the recipes are elaborate – but they are detailed and the blog features useful tips.
Cooking Classy – Reliable
1) Cook anything from this blog and I guarantee it will be amazing. The Chocolate Cupcakes with Coconut Frosting were not only the first cupcakes I made in my life, they were better than ANY cupcakes I’ve eaten ever.
2) The savory dishes are simple and good, like the Thai Peanut Quinoa Salad that kickstarted a salad binge in my house.
3) Really regular posts = key in this short attention span world.
Lady and Pups – Asian Fusion and Kick-Ass Personality
1) Recipes that make you sit up and go WOAH – like this gem: The New York Halal Drunk Food
2) That photography – THAT PHOTOGRAPHY
3) The tagline – An Angry Food Blog – which hints at the deliciously acerbic prose
The Kitchn/Bon Appetit/Food52 – ResourceFULL
Not exactly blogs more like Internet food bibles – they have HUGE recipe databases, useful advice like how to pack a better lunch and are a great place to hangout for any foodie.